Saturday, January 17, 2015

CJC Day 17 - Alphabet Letters

I found these neat burlap squares at Walmart and the first thing I thought of was stitching my daughter's name on them. I think they're maybe similar to 10 count and I ended up using 3 threads for coverage. 


I'm stitching the teddy bear alphabet from the Ultimate Cross Stitch Alphabet book. I purchased this book at Michael's while I was in my first year of undergrad I think. My roommate taught me how to cross stitch and I think I purchased this shortly after my first finish. It's been sitting sadly neglected for over a decade at least, but it's stayed with me through every move until I finally need it again now. 

I finished the first of 6 squares tonight and hope to get the other 5 done soon.


I'm using WDW Angel Hair for the light brown and Bright Leaf for the medium brown. I'm backstitching with DMC 3371. The red is from a Dinky Dyes oops pack, so I don't know the shade. 

This will be another project I hope to finish well before the end of the year. The first one took a couple hours, so hopefully the rest are just as easy. 

Happy Stitching,

Tiffstitch

3 comments:

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...