Monday, April 6, 2015

Busy Weekend of Stitching!

We had a snowstorm Saturday morning, so that put the Easter Egg hunt out. Fortunately DD is too young to really get it and maybe next year the winter won't last so long or Easter will be later in the year. 

I managed a pretty decent amount of work on WW Basset. It started here:

And I got all the way to here: (I just noticed how crooked this photo is, ignore that for now please!)

I modified the chart a bit for the front and back paws. I wanted the front paw to look larger than it did in the original pattern and the back paw to be smaller. The original looks like this:


I wanted this to have a more similar appearance to Otto, our beloved basset that died almost one year ago. I have a goal of April 20 to finish it, which would be one year after he died. It's not a big deal if I don't, but it would be nice to finish it and that would be a good day. 

I also plan on modifying the jowel so it's a little larger like Otto's was. Here's a photo so you can see what I mean about his jowels. I think a little more droop is in order. :) 


I hope everyone had a great weekend, whether you celebrated Easter or Passover or nothing at all. 

Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch 




5 comments:

  1. Sorry for your pet loss. Your WIP looks very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great progress! Love this piece and your adorable dog. So sorry you lost him. They sure are in our lives for short times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress on your basset, such an appropriate stitch for you, even though it is tinged with sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone. I'm enjoying the stitching and Otto is a bittersweet memory now instead of being painful like last year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...