Monday, July 20, 2015

IHSW - July Conclusion - I've Frightened You, Haven't I?

I couldn't resist stealing a line from one of my favourite TV shows growing up, The Hilarious House of Frightenstein. I just looked at DVD prices for them, and it's insane! So DD won't be watching those growing up. There are lots of other choices at least. 

Here's a clip or two:

Thankfully it's YouTube to the rescue again. They even have a couple full episodes if you want to watch it in its entirety. Billy Van (the count) played most of the characters in the show. 

And the reason I'm bringing up the show is I managed to progress a decent amount on Midnight Manor!

I think the GITD thread works for the ghost in the doorway and the upper ghost and moon pretty well. It's Kreinik #4, so I had to use tent stitch on the 2 upper motifs, but I think it looks okay. I'm definitely happy with this aspect:

See, "I've frightened you, haven't I?" :D

I hope everyone had a great IHSW and check out everyone else's work over at Joyce's blog!

Happy Stitching,

Tiffstitch



5 comments:

  1. Oh wow! You've done loads considering you've been busy :) and the glow in the dark is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel...the Dark Shadows collection costs a small fortune! I was lucky that 261 episodes were on Hulu, but not so lucky because of where that last episode ended, so now I'm just kind of stuck.

    Great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That GITD gives a great effect to the picture. You've done really well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress, Tiffany! You got a lot done. That glow in the dark thread is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your halloween project and very cool glow in the dark thread
    Never worked with it yet :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...