Sunday, March 6, 2016

You May Think I'm Crazy...

But I started another one! I decided to participate in the HaED challenge on Facebook as well and I started a chart I'd had hanging around for a while. It's only about 8 colours, I've forgotten already) so it wasn't too challenging. 

I'm stitching Dragon Under Glass:

And here's my start:

I was also in Stowe over the weekend for a hockey tournament so I got to visit the amazing store, The Wooden Needle. It was a 5 minute walk from the arena!! Stowe's not huge, but this was too easy. :)


I decided to try out one of Lizzie Kate's Boxers, and I don't think I realized they were in something like a CD case. I'm wondering if they're recycled because I think I've heard that making CD cases are one of the most wasteful things to make energy/resources wise. I'll have to ask on her blog. 

I decided to try out the Foxwood ornaments. They're so detailed and will probably be a pain, but they're beautiful! Plus some beads for one of my Nora Corbett letters and the rest are on order, plus Wisper and Fuzzy Stuff to try on LK's Ho Ho Ho chart. Everything for much less than $50, so I even stayed on budget. 

We didn't win the tournament because there was one team a level above everyone else. We finished 3/5 and that was okay because it meant we didn't have to lose to that team again in the finals. The teams, except for that one, were all women in the 30-60+ age group, so it was a fun time for everyone. 

I hope you've all had a great week!

Happy Stitching,

Tiffstitch


13 comments:

  1. Oh love your HAED pattern. I look forward to watching it grow. Great new stash. Love the Foxwood Crossing set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made a lot of progress on the HAED!! How do you manage so much stitching while pursuing your game and taking care of house, work and a small kid? Great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stash!! Looking forward to your starts with these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new start and stash Tiffany.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes you are crazy, but black (or grey!) and white HAEDs are nice and easy to stitch - great chart choice Tiffany!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Think??? you're crazy! I thought that was long settled. lol Great choice for the HAED challenge and I love your new stash.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Bea - definitely crazy! It's a nice chart and limited colours must surely make it easier.
    Great stash too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your new start (why not?) and great new stash enhancements!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Tiff, I think the world of sanity is losing a stitcher and the world of insanity gaining another one!! It's a lovely new start and yet another piece I look forward to watching grow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your new start... I am a sucker for dragons :o)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Wooden Needle trip sounds fun! Dragon Under Glass is fantastic! I look forward to seeing your future progress.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any comments!

Catch-up Post and Mischievous March

Hello again, things conspired so I didn't get a chance to put a post up, but I have been stitching. I also remembered to pick up my Misc...